MOBILE GAS SERVICE AND BREAKDOWN ENGINEER
Carry out assembly, installation, upgrades and conversion of boilers and other plant and equipment.
Attend service and reactive breakdowns to fault find, diagnose and repair in a timely and cost effective manner.
Using knowledge and boiler fault finding experience to provide high levels first time fix and customer care.
To carry out the day to day responsive maintenance, service and repairs as instructed
To carry out servicing and safety checks on all heating systems and identify any necessary works required to ensure that the heating systems are in good order and comply to current gas/oil safety regulations
Attend to boiler/system breakdowns, inspect and identify all works required in order that the heating systems functioning correctly
To make immediate decisions as regards the repair requirements should the original job order not reflect the actual works required and to inform the relevant director
To inform the tenant (with reason) when it is not possible to complete a repair within the first visit and make mutually agreed arrangements to return to complete and inform the relevant director
To ensure that all items of tenant's furnishings are protected at all times.
Direct helpers engaged in assembly or installation of heating systems or components.
Liaise with management and or client to ensure all works are completed.
Ensure that all works and repairs are completed safely and in accordance with current codes and practices.
Abide by all client rules and regulations whilst on site (copy available upon request)
Ensure when purchasing materials, a ‘best value and cost effective approach' is sought
To make sure that all training required to carry out the role is maintained and kept up to date.
Ensure that all paperwork and required documentation is submitted to the office on a timely basis.
Where a Company vehicle is provided, ensure that it is used in accordance with the Company's current policies and procedures
Ensure that all company property, i.e. motor vehicle, uniform, tools etc… are operated safely, kept clean and in good order and tested when required to maintain the safe working of all heating systems
Actively take a proactive approach in finding and quoting additional works, should it be required.
Adhere to the Company policies and procedures, handbook and Health & Safety.
- Recognised gas apprenticeship and Commercial gas certificates ACS -
CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, WAT1, CKR1, CPA1
- Gas experience within the commercial sector e.g. Analysing, fault finding, service, repair and maintenance on gas/heating installations and appliances.
- Working knowledge of test equipment including an electrical multi-meter
- Flexible approach:
due to travel aspect, this is a mobile position that will involve travelling to multiple sites across the West & East Midlands as well as some wider travel as required.
due to customer demands, the ability to work additional hours over and above contracted hours if and when required, where overtime would be payable.
- Be part of the emergency call out team on a rota basis
- To promote a positive and professional attitude to all customers and staff.
- Self- motivated and able to work under own initiative as well as within a team.
- Willing to undertake further training/development within the post as required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with tenants and other members of the public.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Basic IT Skills
- Pipe-fitting knowledge and experience
- Asbestos awareness