We are looking for a Sous Chef for our beautiful rural hotel located between Shrewsbury and Stoke on Trent.
Standards are exceptionally high at our family owned 12 bed country house hotel with rosette award-winning restaurant and facility for functions and private events. We are currently in the Good Food Guide, Good Hotel Guide and hold AA Red Stars.
This is an exceptional opportunity to develop under the patronage of a well-known chef in the industry. As Sous Chef, you will understand the kitchen sections and be able to manage your own section whilst supervising more junior members of the team. You will also have the opportunity to work with our gardening team and half an acre kitchen garden.
This is a super opportunity for someone who wants to work in a stylish environment and a position offering generous salary and benefits.
Duties and requirements:
- Be able to run all sections of the kitchen smoothly in the head chefs absence.
- Have the ability to envisage what needs to happen next and plan accordingly
- Understand health and safety and good food hygiene within the kitchen and be able to apply this as well as teach more junior members of the team
- Enjoy coaching and developing other members of the team
- Have strong communication skills with a view to making sure the kitchen is running well.
- Be responsible for stock control/ordering
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate 2 years’ experience from Senior CDP level and above within a similar environment.