Job Role: Permanent Part-Time Qualified Accountant
Salary: £30,000 pro rata. Plus bonuses.
Area: ST4 3PE
Hours: 27.5 hours per week. Standard hours are 9.00am to 3.00pm, Monday to Friday.
28 days' holiday per annum (pro rata), plus one additional day per year of service - up to 33 days.
With three rapidly expanding companies running from the same office, this role is a wonderful opportunity. The parent company looks after a large property portfolio of both commercial and residential. The company is a professional gardening and landscaping company which prides itself on a high standard of work and excellent customer service. Japanese Knotweed Expert Ltd deals with the remediation of invasive weeds - in particular, Japanese Knotweed which is one of the top 100 most invasive weeds in the world.
About the role:
We are looking for an AAT qualified, or qualified by experience. In your role you will be working closely with the Office Manager and the Directors to co-ordinate purchasing and incoming payments across the three companies.
Duties will include:
• Payment of purchase invoices;
• Paying in monies to the bank;
• Recording of all sales receipts;
• Purchasing of materials for the best price;
• Processing purchase invoices, agreeing costs to quoted prices, recording purchases to jobs;
• Credit control;
• Retrieve delayed payments by clients;
• VAT returns,
• Calculating and completing group VAT returns;
• Bank reconciliation for multiple bank accounts;
• Data analysis of clockings for payroll;
• Payroll processing and payments;
• Production of management reports, profit and loss accounts;
• Production of KPIs on a weekly basis;
• Assisting in annual budget production and forecasting of key variables;
• Compile finance reports for funders and grant applications;
• Working closely with the Directors to assist them in making informed decisions;
• Accounts completed ready for pass over to our external accountants.
• Acting with complete transparency, integrity, honesty and loyalty.
• Representing the group in meetings with funders, partners and both key and potential key clients.
• Keeping informed about key targets that are set by the Directors, assisting in the achievement of these targets
• Alerting the Directors of any immediate issues but also potential problems that may affect the companies due to your in-depth analysis of the forecast figures.
• Minimum 9 GCSE'S A* - C Grade (including English, Maths and ICT)
• AAT qualified or qualified by experience.
• Familiar with Xero and Sage.
• Competent using Microsoft Excel.
• Comfortable with intercompany transactions.
• Enhanced DBS checked - preferable.
• You will be well presented and respectful.
• Efficient and well organised.
• Time management skills.
• Work to a high standard, showing attention to detail, showing care and thought in all you do.
• Good communication skills with other members of the team, clients and suppliers.
• Looking to improve processes that are in place with regards, efficiency aspects of the company.
• You will want to promote the companies using social media and in your general day to day affairs.
As you will be working amongst other staff in the office it is important that you can work well as part of a team and are willing to help and support other members. As one of the aspects of your role will be answering the phone, it is crucial that all calls are answered and dealt with professionally and efficiently.
Do great things for us and we'll do great things for you and your career. We'll give you all the training, support and continued professional development that you need, and actively promote a positive work/life balance.
Please submit your C.V. via email, for the attention of Mrs. C. Delaney.