Healthcare Assistants - Hospital Background / Clinical Experience!
- Full Time
We are looking for dedicated and passionate Healthcare Assistants in Telford eager to progress and gain further qualifications with ongoing support and training. Car drivers are beneficial but not essential.
You will be joining a Residential Care Service who provide a wide range of dementia, residential, nursing care and companionship. The organisation has a fantastic ethos who put their residents at the forefront of everything they do. With excellent training and beautiful refurbished surroundings, you will be equipped to develop your knowledge and care expertise within your role.
What experience do I need?
· At least 6 months' prior experience working in a similar role is essential.
· You will have completed clinical training in a similar area of the care sector.
· Have a good understanding & knowledge of residential, dementia and nursing care.
As a Healthcare Assistant you will work alongside and report to the Registered Nurse. With your clinical training and gained experience, you will be competent in adapting to changes in care needs to provide an individualized high standard of care.
Your duties will include:
· Receiving handover from previous shift
· Monitoring recording and analysing charts including bowel & weight charts
· To support the nurse in charge, as requested, during the medication administration and checking of medication trolleys
· Checking diaries for maintenance and outpatient appointments etc
· To support, monitor and or mentor staff in the provision of the personal care needs of individuals.
· To support the nurse and administrator in the admission and discharge of new service users
· To ensure that an individual's plan of care is regularly updated and evaluated.
· Assist, monitor and delegate in activities within the home
· To ensure all key workers fulfil their obligations for specified clients
· To take part in reviews of clients as required
· To carry out induction and basic care skills training for all new carers employed within the home and lead by example other junior staff members
Hours & rates of pay:
· £8.50 per hour increasing to £9.50 per hour DOE following probation.
· 12 hour shifts (7am-7pm)
· No initial upfront payment for DBS check
Above all we are looking for motivated Healthcare Assistants looking to progress and develop their skill set. If you believe this is you, then please click on ‘Apply'.