Lecturer in Accounting - ACCA/CIMA
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
They are currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
Based in their Faculty of Vocational Studies, they are looking for an enthusiastic, suitably qualified individual to teach Accounting on our ACCA & CIMA programmes. As well as being an inspiring lecturer with the ability to enable all learners to reach their true potential, you will have relevant experience and ideally will be fully qualified with CIMA, CiPFA, ACCA or equivalent or as a minimum will be part qualified along with a Level 5 teaching qualification such as the Diploma in Education and Training (formerly DTLLS) or equivalent or willingness to obtain it.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach Accounting on ACCA and CIMA programmes.
- To play a full part in the organisational and developmental work of the Department
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has appropriate Accountancy qualifications to level 7 and relevant industrial experience.
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS or equivalent) or willingness to train for one
- Is well organised and able to manage the peaks and troughs of a varied workload.
- Able to communicate effectively with students and peers.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 Days annual leave (plus a 2 week Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in History and Politics, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 14th May 2017 with interviews to be held on 26th May 2017
They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to Enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.