Assessor in Catering
Assessor in Catering
Expiry date: 23:58, 14 May 2017
Location: Stafford College
Salary: £19,671.00 - £28,338.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme
Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 Newcastle-under-Lyme College merged with Stafford College to form the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Workforce Development team in delivering and assessing on our thriving portfolio as well as developing, maintaining and account managing relationships with our local employers.
As well as being a qualified Assessor with substantial work experience in your subject area, you will be experienced at using current assessment procedures and be able to assess up to Level 3 in the subjects identified.
You will be part of a pro-active, dynamic yet friendly team of assessors/trainers who seek to combine a speedy achievement for our employers with a quality product for our candidates.
You will need to have access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop, maintain and account manage relationships with local employers who express an interest in work-related programmes.
- To take an active part in the recruitment of new beneficiaries through contact with local employers.
- To assess candidates and deliver training to support achievement through distance learning.
- To ensure that comprehensive, accurate and up to date records are maintained on the progress of all beneficiaries.
- To contribute to course review, undertake internal verification and contribute to self-assessment procedures within the area as appropriate.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Teaching qualification (PGCE or DTTLS) or willingness to obtain
- holds the appropriate assessor’s qualifications A1 or Level 3 TAQA
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience in the Catering & Hospitality Sector
- Able to communicate effectively and have the ability to deal successfully with all levels of management, beneficiaries, tutors and employers.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 upon 5 years service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for this role on ‘Apply’ to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 14th May 2017