1st Line IT Support Engineer/IT Helpdesk Support/IT Technician
Job Title: 1st Line IT Support Engineer
Salary: Attractive, dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent - Immediate Start
Our Client is the UK's market leader in outsourced waste management and recycling services. They are looking for individuals who share their people-first philosophy and can help them continually innovate and grow through their insights, innovation and unique talents.
Here in the IT department, they are committed to developing their team toward technological specialism. They operate a regimented task-orientated work ethic and provide all possible opportunities for exposure to new and exciting technologies. In the coming year alone, they have a significant push towards tech-enablement across their estate, looking for opportunities for efficiency, future proofing and improved customer experience. This should help the business achieve the result of £200M turnover within three years… Join the team and tackle this challenge with them!
You've worked in a regimented IT helpdesk environment before, either for an IT business or an IT department for a business. You are ambitious and looking to expand your knowledge and experience, through exposure to new technologies and business scenarios. You are target focused, results driven and fastidious about quality. You are amiable, tenacious, gregarious and you know how to work with users in pressure situations and have sights set on quick promotion. If this sounds like you, then our Client wants you on their side!
- To provide initial helpdesk support for users of Company IT hardware and software ensuring all calls are logged and resolved in a timely manner, within a regimented helpdesk environment, using remote assistance, telephone support and site visit support.
- To investigate, diagnose and resolve IT support issues where possible, working with users, other staff and third party suppliers as appropriate.
- Taking ownership for the resolution of issues, monitoring progress and applying the escalation procedure as necessary.
- To ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to all clients.
- Assist with agreed plans to install or upgrade items of hardware and/or software as directed.
Key Skills and Experience
- 1st Line Support experience
- Microsoft experience with good knowledge of Windows 10 and Active Directory
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to set expectations and communicate results.
- Good understanding of Ethernet networking and TCP/IP stack.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, 1st Line IT Support Engineer, SQL, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Citrix, Cloud Technician, 1st Line Support may also be considered for this role.