Head of Ecommerce Development
Head of Ecommerce, Birmingham
Here at The Works, we are looking for a dynamic Head of Ecommerce Development to join our team based at our Hams Hall, Birmingham site. The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits including car allowance and contributory pension.
There has never been a better time to join The Works! We are extremely successful market leaders boasting year on year growth both within their stores and online and what an amazing journey we are on! We are delighted to be going to market with this amazing opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join our expanding team.
As our Head of Ecommerce Development you will be required to develop and implement The Works Stores multichannel development strategy, with overall responsibility for the delivery of the strategy and the implementation of new propositions across web, mobile, tablet, kiosk and emerging technologies. Multichannel is key to our growth ambition. With our successful online Click & Collect and Home Delivery propositions you will also drive footfall and the digital experience within our store network. You will support the Multichannel Director and work with senior management on the overall strategic plan for the business.
Duties and key responsibilities of our Head of Ecommerce Development include:
- Oversee site stability, business continuity and capacity planning
- Manage relevant agencies and service providers to provision and develop services to meet and exceed agreed SLAs
- Manage the multichannel development budget for BAU, Projects and Roadmap.
- Oversee the design and management of new multichannel propositions, ensuring they are engaging, contemporary, customer driven and using technology as an enabler
- Oversee the implementation of the business’ multichannel timeline (3 year web development road map), ensuring it is detailed, deliverable and aligned with the strategic plan
- Act as a thought leader ensuring the business’ multichannel presence is at the forefront of competitors
- Manage the delivery of numerous parallel work streams across retail and digital channels
- Work closely with Systems, Operations, Commercial and Finance and stakeholders to drive project requirements and ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Develop a high performing multichannel team through the identification, acquisition and retention of capable and engaged colleagues
- Maintain a clear knowledge of emerging digital trends and relevant new technologies
- Network in the industry to establish best practice which could add value to theworks.co.uk
- Oversee regular analysis of customer feedback and MI
- Identify and exploit functionality in Websphere 7 and new capabilities in feature packs
To become our Head of Ecommerce Development you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Experience of developing and implementing multichannel activity in a fast paced retail environment
- Experience in launching digital propositions across mobile, web and tablet
- Experience in managing, motivating and leading a team
- A proven track record of operating as a Senior Multichannel/E-Commerce innovator
- Able to create a clear vision for the department and the strategy to achieve it
- Deliver additional value to the business through continuous business improvement
- Drive cross-functional working and the sharing of best practice and knowledge across the business
- Builds The Works reputation in line with its brand values through technology
- Thinks creatively and ensures engaging customer propositions are produced
- The ability to influence and communicate with key stakeholders and team members
- Manages multiple tasks, work to tight deadlines and monitor team members’ targets and KPIs
- Have an excellent commercial understanding while demonstrating resilience and tenacity
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for good quality, great value Gifts, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Stationery, Toys and Books. The Works sell over one million products every week to consumers looking for a bargain. With over 3000 employees, we have a network of over 350 stores (and growing… fast!) and an E-store which makes the amazing value products The Works provide available 24/7.
If this is the role for you and you have the skills and experience required for our Head of Ecommerce Development, please click ‘apply’ today.