Quality Assurance / Engineer Supervisor
Quality Assurance / Engineer Supervisor required for our manufacturing client based near Stourbridge Our client are pioneers in innovative cleaning solutions and our passion for innovation and drive to be the very best is showcased by our first class leading service and reputation for being at the forefront of innovative design and products.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, you will be expected to contribute to the strategic planning processes of the business and champion key issues and problems as they arise and turn problems into opportunities. You will also be a “hands on” person who is keen on training and developing and your key responsibilities will be, but not limited to, building on the existing knowledge base to the required standard and:
- Ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Ensure incoming materials meet required quality standards.
- Identifying and raising quality issues and for speedily resolving them to ensure zero impact to the customer.
- Supporting new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds.
- Working in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
- Providing support and oversee the maintenance of the Quality Assurance Manual in conjunction with the QM Manager
- Effectively managing multiple highly complex projects requiring innovative original solutions where results are key to successful completion of projects.
- Develop Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and Non-Conformance reporting as significant core competence/s of the business.
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Management system (ISO9001:2008/2015)
- Develop team skills and ensure all employees are trained, appraised and motivated. This is key to the hands on approach required
- Promote, support and lead process improvement activities and the use of Techniques for continuous improvement, and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in cross-functional teams in the development of new products or changes related to current products in meeting requirements
You will be ideally educated to degree standard or A Levels, BTec Diploma Level 2 or equivalent work experience and have knowledge of working in Quality Assurance. Some previous experience of a high volume manufacturing environment would be useful, dealing with suppliers and a background in Lean Manufacturing essential.
Knowledge of quality systems and measurement, Production Part Approval Process, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and ISO9001:2015 preferred but 2008 accepted. Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes, analytical skills and understanding of cost and financial impacts are important.
You will need to possess first class communication and interpersonal skills, have an assertive, resilient and flexible approach to work, be able to demonstrate a self-motivated, results-oriented style with a positive, can-do- attitude. It is vital that you can engage interest and participation of co-workers and possess a collaborative approach to working with others. Optimistic, open to change and able to demonstrate moral courage and honesty in all dealings are other qualities we are ideally seeking.
Salary Guide: £18k to 25k Dependent on Experience