Experienced Claims Handler
Alliance Surgical plc is based in Birmingham city centre and with a membership of approximately 1600 Senior NHS Consultants, is the largest independent group of its kind in the UK. We are a fast growing dynamic organization in the healthcare sector ranked amongst the fastest growing companies in Britain in 2016, with significant growth potential and new developing markets. Alliance Surgical delivers specialist care to private and NHS patients throughout the UK and is an influential force in UK Healthcare.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Claims Handler to join the Company.
As an Experienced Claims Handler your duties will include:
- Receiving calls from patients who want to set up a claim against their private healthcare insurance policy.
- Assessing received claims against set policy criteria to confirm eligibility.
- Booking patient appointments with our specialists where cover is approved and ensuring patients are contacted and kept up to date at every stage of their treatment plan.
- Liaising with consultants, hospitals and other providers to ensure we offer the most effective treatment plan.
- Ensuring patients receive the highest level of customer service and are treated empathetically throughout their journey.
- Managing a case load to ensure that we are involved in the authorisation of all planned patient treatment.
- Keeping the CRM database and other systems accurately updated.
To ensure you are successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following experience and technical knowledge during the interview process:
- Previous commercial claims handling experience (essential)
- Extensive Customer Service experience (essential)
- Strong communication skills (essential)
- Experience within an insurer/broker environment (essential)
- Caseload management (essential)
- Experience of hitting KPI’s within an inbound/outbound call center environment (essential)
- Cert CII qualified or above (desirable)
- Experience with CRM software (desirable)
An ideal Experienced Claims Handler will also hold the following skills and experiences:
- Confident telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy skills
- The ability to meet and exceed targets whilst maintaining a high volume of work
- Proven ability to deliver high levels of productivity, whilst working to tight deadlines
- The ability to apply initiative, whilst working as part of a team to solve problems and exceed expectations
- Flexible approach to working hours in order to meet business requirements
Career progression available to high achievers looking for a long term career with the Company. The starting salary for this role is £21,000 per annum and includes a 6 month probationary period.
Given the high number of applications we receive only candidates progressing to the next stage will be contacted.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Ref: 961091533 / INDHP