LGV Mechanic (Nights)
Clarke Transport are a family business - one of the leading privately owned multi-service transport organisations in the UK and we are looking for an Experienced LGV Mechanic to work on a night shift at our depot in Oldbury, West Midlands.
We have built our reputation on efficiency, trust and quality over many years - however we do not believe in resting on our laurels. Innovation is also a vital aspect of the way we work, and it has been a key feature right from the word go.
• Are you Interested in a LGV Mechanic role within one of the nation's leading, pioneering distribution organisations?
• Would working with an organisation that invests in its people, career development and ongoing personal development? Would working within fast paced, progressive environment interest you?
Our positions would suit someone who has experience in routinely maintaining and servicing a fleet of vehicles, including articulated units and trailers. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of LGV vehicles and trailers.
Working within a team, you will carry out preventative planned maintenance and undertake remedial action/repairs as required to ensure our vehicles are maintained to our existing high standards. As we have a fleet of over 60 vehicles there will be an element of break downs throughout the shift and you may also be required to visit other locations in the network as and when required.
Due to the increase in workload the business now requires an Experienced LGV Commercial Technician on a permanent basis who has a team orientated approach to work to join a busy department.
As an Experienced LGV Commercial Technician your role will involve:
• Service and Repair of a variety of heavy and light commercial vehicles
• Good understanding and knowledge of VOSA regulations / standards
• Diagnosing faults using appropriate software
• Service, repair and fault diagnostics work on all vehicles
• Working to high Quality and H&S standards always
• Employing a 'right first time' approach to work
• Ensuring constant quality of work and working within appropriate job timings
• Repair of hydraulic drive systems where appropriate
• MOT preparation and inspections work on vehicles and trailers
• Completion of all specific company and official paperwork
• Have excellent communication skills
This role is working in a modern, clean and dry workshop using modern equipment. There are opportunities for progression within our company as we value and look for the very best Mechanics in the market.
The ideal candidate will be apprentice trained and qualified to City & Guilds / NVQ level 3 in Heavy Vehicle Mechanics, Maintenance & Repair or equivalent.
We may consider opening the role to improver / junior fitters who can demonstrate the right attitude and commitment to the industry.
A clean driving licence is essential with a LGV category C+E entitlement being advantageous but not essential but a minimum LGV Cat C would be required due to the nature of the role.
As most our fleet is either Mercedes plusMercedes plus we're trailing Scania's, experience with these brands would be an advantage.
• Salary TBC
• 20 Days plus 8 statutory holidays (28 days in total)
• Additional Holiday after 4 years' service - Extra Day for every additional year's service up to a maximum of 5 extra days.
• Private health care for you and your family
• Death in service - £20,000
• Salary - Weekly Pay (paid every Thursday)
• Career progression
• Ongoing training through our independent “School of Excellence”
• Full uniform and PPE provided.
• Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
To apply for the position of LGV Mechanic, please send your CV to Gary Fox - email@example.com